Sunday, November 18, 2012

Zootacular

It is hard to believe that it is the middle of November already and we have been in the house two months.   It really started feeling like home when we got some pictures on the walls and unboxed other decorative items for the shelves.  I have found that the routine of life takes over regardless of where you live.  The secret is to train your car to return to the right address.

I did take a break from routine last week to go to the zoo with the "rainbow tribe".  Kayla and Hadley Ann joined us on the outing to make it even more special.  It was a beautiful fall day.  Cool enough so that the animals were moving but not so cold that the humans were uncomfortable.   Each of the kids got to choose one exhibit to visit.  Monica chose the penguins.  Raph wanted to see a crocodile so we went to the reptile house.  Trinity's choice was the jungle building.  There we saw the bats moving up and down a rope and a large blue bird flew down in our path and startled the heck out of me!  Kayla had never been to the tiger or gorilla exhibit so we headed there after lunch.  The tigers were moving!  We even saw one saunter into the water for some playtime.  We saw a Gorilla run across the field.  On our way to the exit we saw the meerkats, the hippos out of the water, the rhinos and giraffes.

As you can tell I really like to go to the zoo.   All the animals with their unique characteristics remind me of the awesomeness of my Creator.  What a wonderful imagination our God has!

WGO and I have been doing some furniture shopping.  We bought a love seat and chair for the den.  We also purchased  a new chair for the basement replacing the 27 year old "brown chair". We ordered a chair for our bedroom and updated the bar stools for the kitchen island.  I really enjoyed our Friday afternoon tour of the furniture stores and am happy with all of our purchases.  Our budget is now depleted so the rest of the furnishings will have to wait until another time.

It is time to think about Thanksgiving.  We will be hosting the meal for some of our children, my mom and dad and a couple of my siblings.  Then an Friday, more of my family will be in town and we will gather again at our home.  So I have lots of cooking ahead of me this week!  Megan, Grady and Laura are coming down Tuesday evening--the help will be appreciated.

I am Blessed!  God is good!


Hadley's first trip to the zoo.

Monica watching the Tiger

Trinity

Hadley Ann

Monica

My Zoo Pals

Ray in the Jungle

The Den

No comments:

Post a Comment