Monday, January 21, 2013

A January Blog

The Christmas decorations have been boxed and put away and I am settling into January as graciously as I can.  Some years the post Christmas blues hit me pretty hard,  but this year wasn't too bad.  We had our first monthly family gathering for birthday celebrations.  Everyone, except Megan and her crew, was able to join us on January 13th to celebrate Raphael's 5th birthday.  He asked for sausage. We settled on brauts and hotdogs which PaPa braved the cold to grill.

While building the new, bigger house,  I said I wanted to have monthly birthday parties because life should be celebrated!!  I am hoping that before my family is completed--but will it every be?--that we will have a birthday in every month.  So the next baby needs to be born in February or October!

WGO has been working in his shop getting it set up and organized.  He has completed a shelving project for and with Dan.  I don't think I have included any pictures of the shop in previous blogs so I will today.  I am very anxious for WGO to craft a table for our entry way!  His woodworking hobby is one that I do not resent.  We have many beautiful pieces of furniture in our home that WGO has built.

The annual Association of General Contractors (AGC) conference was this week in Wichita.  It is an annual event but this year  it was special.  Dan was a presenter.  His talk entitled, "Listen Like a Negotiator" was very well received.  At the luncheon on Friday, our son-in-la, Lucas, was present to receive an "Award of Honor" for the building he worked on in Hays.  At the banquet, WGO gave a short speech to begin his term as President of this organization.  (Sorry, no pictures.)

Saturday morning we got up early and headed to Ozawkie for the day.  I needed a baby Grady "fix".  Grady wanted to show off his two new teeth, demonstrate how he can sit up and almost crawl, and entertain us in his baby saucer. Tyler and Laura came out to visit with us in the morning before they headed to Manhattan.  After lunch we went for a walk to enjoy the beautiful day.  While I was napping with Grady, Megan painted a canvas that reads, "It's NOT about ME!"  We headed home after dinner glad we had made the trip.

God is good!  I am blessed!

Happy Birthday Raph!
The "shop"

the "shop"

the "shop"

Complete with toilet and sink!


Look Mom.  No Car Seat.

The Beisel Family

Papa Showing Grady the BobCat



No comments:

Post a Comment