Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Weekend

I'm sure you all had a busy, busy three day weekend.  Well, I know I did.

It began on Thursday night when I "hosted" a dinner for my catechists and their spouses.  We held our annual appreciation dinner at The Inn at River Road.  I work with some pretty amazing, dedicated volunteers.  It was a fun evening and a great way to end a great year

Friday I spent with my mom and sister working at the quilt factory.  My crazy sister from Louisiana has been visiting for three weeks now.  She and mom have at least nine quilts in process.  Mom is determined to make a quilt for each of her grand kids and Nancy is determined to get all of them cut out before she leaves.  I did cut out in the afternoon to have a pedicure and hair color done!

After dinner, WGO and I christened our finished deck (sans the handrail).  It was a beautiful night  to enjoy a beer and dream of the day we would move into our new home.

We had only two social commitments on Saturday.  A baby shower for Megan B. and  baby Grady and a birthday party for Mr. Lackey.  The shower was hosted by the Cillessens.  There were a lot of fun gifts for baby G.  My mom was very interested in all the new fangeled baby items like a nursing cape and boppy pillow.  I am grateful for my friends and family that come down to help celebrate the upcoming birth of my grandbaby.

From there I went directly to Dan and Myle's for the birthday party.  Mr. Lackey's parents, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew came to celebrate two birthdays:   Kalem's 4th birthday and Lucas' 25th.  Despite my baking disaster earlier in the day the cookie bars were delish.  Unfortunately Nana and Lola ate the brownies for the ice cream cake.  But it was a good lesson in laughing at our mistakes and letting go of bad moods.  It was a relaxing evening out on the patio watching dogs chasing the chickens, watching the kids jumping on the trampoline and being grateful for family and friends.

Did I tell you it was also WGO and my anniversary?   We celebrated 33 years of our marriage that day.
I am blessed.  God is good.

Next blog will be on the house.  I promise.

Grady's quilt made by ME!

Megan and the hostess, Cassie R.

Three generations waiting on the fourth!

Uncle AJ playing with the kids.



The birthday boys.

The second attempt at making the cookie bar.  

Raph enjoying his cookie and ice cream.

Ending the evening with a fire in the pit.




No comments:

Post a Comment