Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Rental

A lot of people have asked me where we are living.  You will find the Oblingers on First Ave directly west of the football field lined up with the northern goal post.  The best way to find us is to locate the ancient travel trailer parked in the driveway just south of us.  I'm afraid if they ever move that antique  I will not be able to find where I live.

The words I use to describe the rental are cozy and efficient.  It has three bedrooms and one and half baths. Next to our galley kitchen is a pantry/laundry room.  The dining room is big enough for our table but we haven't tried to put in all the extensions.  You would think that with such a small house we would live in all of the space.  But we never go to the basement.  We hang out in the living room most of the time.  It is cozy.

The most unique feature of the bungalow is its one and half baths.  That in itself isn't that weird but in our rental the half bath is connected to the full bath.  (AJ gets a little frustrated if I leave one of my drawers open as then he cannot get the shower from the hall bath.)  One thing I really appreciate about the house is how little time it takes to clean.  For example you can plug the in the vacuum and vacuum the entire house!  No need for a night light in our bedroom.  The master bedroom is on the front of the house.  Consequently, the street light shines right into our bedroom--all night.  It is efficient.

Did I tell you that there is a train track in our back yard?  Trains speed by at least 10 times a day.  Sometimes they still startle me, but mostly I find the sound comforting.

 The three of us have settled in quite nicely in our little rental.   It has taught me to put things away, to live with less, and to appreciate what is important.  We are blessed.  God is good.

My family outside the Rental on Easter morning.
(Ok, so we just took the picture here.  We actually had our Easter  feast at Dan and Myle's)


No comments:

Post a Comment