Thursday, May 31, 2012

Exciting Happenings

   Exciting things are happening at the home construction site.  Thanks to WGO and his crew (Lucas and Tyler) we now have railings on the deck.  They worked hard all day Memorial Day to complete that project.  I was so excited that we went out Monday evening and enjoyed another beer on our deck.

Our lagoon has been dug.  You may not consider that "exciting", but it is something that had to be done.  And when I flush I want it to go away.  

Our trim carpenter has arrived on the scene.  So far he has hung the doors in the upstairs. Soon he will be working on trimming out the windows and doors, the railing for the stairs and the wood along the floor (for the life of me I can't think what that is called!)  Jerry is a one man show with a reputation of doing things right.  WGO has scheduled 6 weeks for this part of the process.  I am definitely excited to see what he accomplishes each day.

The cabinet maker has installed the kitchen cabinets and I think they look great.  I will definitely need a step stool.  Some of those cabinets are way beyond my reach.  The kitchen has so many drawers that I told AJ we might be able to have one drawer just for the hard to find ice cream scoop!  The day I move into that kitchen and prepare my first family meal will be a day for celebration.

As I write this blog I am anticipating another celebration.  The wedding of my Ty Guy to his high school sweetheart, Laura.  Talk of final tux fittings, picking up the dress, and what needs to happen for the bridal brunch is getting me pumped for a fun weekend with family and friends.  My next post will most likely contain pictures of their day and my thoughts on marriage.  Until then....

I am blessed.  God is good.

The trim waiting to be installed.

The kitchen cabinets.!

The door to the den.

The island.

What AJ is most excited about--the silverware drawer.



No comments:

Post a Comment